Calico Resources USA – Grassy Mountain
(last updated 04/20/2015)
03/07/13 Final, Revised Baseline Study Plans Approved
Calico filed its final, revised baseline study plans for environmental, economic and cultural resources on 3/7/13. A copy of the PDF file, including study methodologies and study areas, is available here: low-resolution (19 MB) | high resolution (106 MB).
The Technical Review Team approved the proposed final, revised baseline study collection plans at its meeting 3/8/13. A copy of the final order approving the plans is available here.
Revisions to Baseline Study
As data have been collected in the field, adjustments have been made to the approved baseline study collection plans. The TRT has requested revisions or approved requested adjustments in the final, revised baseline environmental study collection plans as follows (most recent first):
- Revise air quality baseline study to remove 'elemental analysis' of particulate samples (4/17/15) – DOGAMI letter to Calico
- Revise sampling preservation practices to ensure temperature sensitive samples arrive to the laboratory at recommended temperatures (3/25/14). DOGAMI letter to Calico
- Revise nitrite/nitrate sampling methods; remove inorganic arsenic/retain total arsenic, revise avian use field collection form (8/8/13). DOGAMI letter to Calico
- Add uranium to water quality parameters to be sampled (groundwater and surface water) (5/30/13). DOGAMI letter to Calico
6/11/12 Notice of Intent - Calico Resources USA – Grassy Mountain
Our agency has received a Notice of Intent from Calico Resources USA for a project to develop a gold extraction and processing mine in Malheur County, about 25 miles south/southwest of Vale, Oregon. A copy of the Notice of Intent is posted here.
The proposed Grassy Mountain Gold Project is located in Malheur County, Oregon located approximately 25 miles south-southwest of Vale, Oregon. The project area includes patented and unpatented lode mining claims, as well as private land currently under lease for mineral exploration and development. Calico is considering constructing an underground mine and surface mill complex to develop the Grassy Mountain gold resource.
Information related to the application is posted below:
- Copy of public notice
- Public Notice – Revised Notice of Intent, 6/2012
- 7/16/12 Technical Review Team Meeting Agenda | news release
How to be Informed
- US Mail
To receive information regarding the project by US mail, send $5 to DOGAMI, attn: ReNeea Lofton, 229 Broadalbin St. SW, Albany, OR 97321. The fee is to cover mailing costs. This is a one-time fee per project.
To receive information regarding the project electronically, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information. Please insert “Grassy Mt list” in re: line. There is no fee to be kept informed electronically.
A copy of the Notice of Intent is available for review and copying at the DOGAMI offices in Albany (229 Broadalbin St. SW, Albany, OR 97321, Mon.–Fri. 8 am–5 pm) and at the DOGAMI offices in Portland – Nature of the NW (800 NE Oregon Street, Suite 965, Portland, OR 97232, Mon.–Fri. 9:00 am–12:30 pm; 1 pm–4 pm). State agency offices are closed on state holidays and furlough days. Photocopy charges may apply.
A copy is also available at the Vale City Library (150 A Street, Vale) and the Ontario Community Library (388 S.W. 2nd Avenue, Ontario).